Sunday 15 August 2010

A letter from Edinburgh....

I really hope this is what will be arriving on my blog in ten days time. Tomorrow, I'm going on holiday to the Lake District until Friday, when we will be moving on for a (very expensive) weekend in Edinburgh. I am so looking forward to this, for it will be my first ever time at the fringe, so on Saturday, if you see a slightly crazy looking frizzy haired girl wearing Doc Martens around C venues, you will know who I am.

So, it's my first time at the fringe. Due to it being part of a family holiday, the only day we're seeing shows is Saturday. No worry, we're seeing five shows already, and I'm hopefully going to squeeze in a couple more on the day.

I don't really know what to expect. Obviously, there will be the highest concentration of the greatest variety of entertainment in the UK at this time, but I have no idea about how busy the streets are going to be or what the atmosphere will be like. I'm really looking forward to finding out, though.

Now, I will spend the whole week waiting to write "in Edinburgh" on my reviews. I always find it paticularly exciting when critics in national newspapers are "in New York". Hopefully, one day I will be able to be "in New York", but until then I'm glad to be "in Edinburgh"!

No comments:

Post a Comment